
Rod Stewart Cancels Remaining Tour Dates After Undergoing Heart Procedure
The health scare comes on the heels of a rocky stretch of shows earlier this year, when the rocker battled a sinus infection and needed an oxygen tank mid-performance.
Rod Stewart is taking a step back. The legendary singer-songwriter, 81, announced that he is canceling the remaining dates of his "Encore Shows" residency to recover from a heart procedure he recently underwent.

Rod Stewart performs at Northwell at Jones Beach Theater on July 31, 2026 in Wantagh, New York. | Source: Getty Images
Earlier this week, Stewart's team announced that the musician is recovering from a successful coronary stent operation, a procedure in which a mesh tube is inserted into a clogged heart artery to restore blood flow, according to the Mayo Clinic.
"Following further medical evaluation, Sir Rod Stewart has successfully undergone a routine coronary stent procedure," the statement, shared on Instagram, began. "Doctors are pleased with his recovery, and Rod is doing very well and has returned to his normal daily activities."

Rod Stewart performs at Mortgage Matchup Center on June 8, 2026 in Phoenix, Arizona. | Source: Getty Images
"On the advice of his doctors, he will take the next four weeks to recuperate and regain full fitness before returning to the stage," the statement continued. "Unfortunately, this means he will be unable to continue his current tour dates."
Details on affected performances, the team noted, will come from the respective promoters and venues. Accompanying the announcement was a photo of Stewart dressed head-to-toe in white and cream, leaning against a black Yamaha grand piano.
He wore a cream linen blazer over a button-up white shirt, unbuttoned low enough to reveal a layered pearl necklace and pendant chains resting on his chest. His white trousers were cinched with a matching belt featuring a gold buckle.

Rod Stewart performs during the 55th Annual New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival at Fair Grounds Race Course on April 26, 2026 in New Orleans, Louisiana. | Source: Getty Images
His signature spiky blond hair was styled in its classic tousled look. The "Forever Young" hitmaker also added a personal note, addressing his fans directly. "I'm already feeling better and very much on the mend," Stewart began.
"I want to thank the doctors, nurses and everyone who has taken such wonderful care of me," he wrote. "I'm deeply disappointed to miss these shows and sorry to let my fans down, but I look forward to getting back on stage and having a good time with you all again soon."
The post drew a wave of supportive messages from followers. "You didn't let people down! You've been performing for us for 50+ years. We are grateful for your talent and that your health is on the mend. Love you Rod! ❤️," one person wrote.
"Speedy Recovery Sir Roderick 💙 Comeback Cosmopolitans on ice 🙌🏼," another said. A third shared, "Been there done that! Listen to you doctors and do the rehab ❤️. We need you😘 [sic]."
Even famous friends joined the chorus of well wishes. "Get well soon dear pal," wrote pianist and bandleader Jools Holland. Former KISS frontman Paul Stanley also posted, "WE NEED YOU ROD!! Recharge, reset and come back better than ever Sir. The world awaits your return."
This isn't the first time this year that Stewart's health has interrupted his performing schedule. Back in June, the artist explained to the crowd at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas why he'd had to cancel two shows during his residency.
"Before we go any further, last week I passed on two shows and I'll tell you why," he said to the audience at his June 2 concert, in a video shared online. "I had this awful [expletive] sinus infection. I should've gone to the hospital but I didn't."
Pushing through the illness ultimately led to an infection in his ears and eardrums as well. "I couldn't hear a thing," he admitted. "When you've got your ears blocked up, it ruins your equilibrium."
A few weeks later, the singer, who was also touring alongside his residency, struggled to stay upright during his June 19 performance in Utah, eventually pausing his rendition of "Young Turks" to use an oxygen tank waiting at the side of the stage.
"I nearly [expletive] fainted up there, I'll tell you, trying to do a little jimmy, a step and a dance," he told the crowd, per a video shared by TMZ at the time. Still, as the saying goes, the show must go on.
The information in this article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, and images contained on byloTak.com, or available through byloTak.com is for general information purposes only. byloTak.com does not take responsibility for any action taken as a result of reading this article. Before undertaking any course of treatment please consult with your healthcare provider.